Robustel GoRugged R3000 Lite is a rugged cellular router offering state-of-the-art mobile connectivity for machine to machine (M2M) applications.
R3000 Lite is a dual SIM industrial cellular VPN router. It can be support for UMTS/HSPA+/4G LTE networks.
The Cumulocity Robustel agent connects the R3000 and the application board to Cumulocity and provides the following features:
- Provide remote monitoring service of R3000 lite .
- Provide collection and storage of GPS and basic data.
- Provide remote firmware update and configuration.
To run the Cumulocity Robustel agent, the following items are required:
- A supply power.
- An Ethernet cable.
- A Cellular antenna.
- A SIM card with data plan for Internet access. The SIM card should have no SIM PIN. The SIM PIN can be deactivated using any mobile phone.
- You need access to Cumulocity platform. If you do not have it yet, click on "TRY CUMULOCITY FREE" on the top right of https://www.cumulocity.com.
- Insert the SIM card into the SIM slot.
- Assembled wireless cellular antenna.
- Connect an Ethernet cable to the R3000 Lite and to your computer.
- Plug in the power supply and connect it to the application board.
Note that the device cannot be flashed without the power supply connected.
Further information is available on: http://www.robustel.com
Install the agent
- Login to http://192.168.0.1/index.asp and login.
- Click Link-management →Portal→enable Portal.
- Select the ‘Cumulocity’ in the ‘Server Type’.
- Enter your Cumulocity platform account and password.
- Enter the http://dtag.cumulocity.com in the ‘URL’.
- Enter the device name.
- But one device name corresponding to an ID.
- Click ‘apply’ → ‘save’ → ‘reboot’.
- The default configuration router address is http://192.168.0.1/index.asp . Please refer to your R3000_lite configuration router page
- You can customize the device name and ID.
- The Cumulocity platform will be automatically assigned device ID.
Connect to R3000 Lite
- You will see LED indicators of “RUN” blinking.
- The R3000 Lite will now dial up to the Internet. You will see the R3000_lite the ‘RSSI’ LED indicators turn on. If the device cannot connect to the Internet, the LED indicators will turn off.
- Log on to the Cumulocity web interface. http://dtag.cumulocity.com/apps/devicemanagement/index.html The device now registers with Cumulocity and shows up under "All Devices" with the name”R3000 Lite”.
- You could search "R3000_Lite" in the search bar directly; it will show you about the R3000_Lite.
The device is now connected to Cumulocity and sends sensor data periodically. You can now browse and process the collected data in the cloud in various ways:
- Browse the information and monitor the status of the R3000 Lite router under “info” tab, as shown in the following screenshot:
- Browse the collected R3000_Lite data under "Measurements" tab, as shown in the following screenshot.
- Remote restart the R3000_lite and update firmware by the “Control” tab; you can copy the new firmware document into configuration board, as shown in the following screenshot.
- To locate all your device on Cumulocity’s map via “location” tab, an example of R3000-lite’s location is shown below:
For further details, see the Cumulocity User Guide.
Why can't log in the router configuration page?
- Please check whether the device is energized.
- Please check whether the equipment normal operation.
- To view the login page of IP is correct.
Why Cumulocity platform can't show my device?
- Check whether your SIM card inserted.
- Please check the information of ‘Portal’ in the router configuration page.
- May be a problem with the firmware.
For any question and support, please feel free to contact us: http://www.robustel.com