We will not make your collected data available to other parties without your consent.
What information do we collect and why?
The following types of information are collected on the Cumulocity web site and on the production systems:
- For resolving technical problems and improving user experience, IP addresses may be stored and cookies may be used.
- To provide you with access to the forum and to production systems, basic registration data (name, email address and password) is stored.
- We may store additional data that you voluntarily provide, for example, as part of forum profiles, forum posts, production system user data, information requests and support requests.
- To provide commercial services to you, we store basic corporate information (company name, address, contacts for invoicing).
- As part of our services, our production systems store data that you provide from your machine-to-machine devices, IT systems or through your users.
IP addresses and cookies
When you visit a web site on our systems, we automatically receive and record information from your browser, including your IP address, cookie information, browser attributes and the page you requested. Similar, emails sent to us contain IP addresses.
The information is used to diagnose technical problems reported by you or discovered by our engineering that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific web company or ISP. It is also used to estimate the total number of user visiting various pages from specific countries or regions of the world. This helps us in improving our web appearance and our services, and to prevent possible fraudulent activities.
You may prevent cookies from being collected by disabling them in your web browser. However, if you reject all cookies, you may not be able to use services that require signing in.
Basic registration data
Basic registration data is used for allowing you to sign on to our services. It may also be used to send you information on our products and services.
If you would like to remove your basic registration data from our systems, please contact us. Note that after removal of the data, you will not be able to use parts of our service requiring this data for sign-on. You may also choose to only opt-out of informational emails. A link to do so is provided in each informational email.
Voluntarily provided information
You may provide additional information in the forum profile or as part of forum posts, which you can edit yourself. Keep in mind that this information is public and may, for example, be accessible through Google or similar searches.
Information provided as part of information or support requests will be stored in our customer relationship management or ticketing system.
Corporate and invoicing information
For being able to provide tenants for you on our systems, we store elementary corporate information such as name, web site and contact data. In addition, for providing commercial services, we store invoicing information.
If you choose to terminate our services, you may request deletion of your corporate and invoicing information by contacting us.
Access of data by our engineering partner
We may use an engineering partner for providing parts of our customer service. Our engineering partner is bound by an NDA to keeping all data confidential and follows our security processes. If you request technical support from us, we assume your consent that both us and our engineering partner may see your data. You can delete and edit data stored in your tenant at any time by yourself.
For providing our service to you, we use selected third parties:
- Google Inc. (''Google'') provides email and web analytics services. Web analytics data is collected in anonymous form ("anonymizeIP()"). You can opt-out here.
- Zendesk provides support desk software services.
- Insightly provides CRM services.
- MailChimp provides informational email services.
- Amazon Web Services LLC ("AWS") provides infrastructure services for our public cloud offering and this web site.
- DATEV eG ("DATEV") provides invoicing and accounting services.
Please review the privacy policies of these partners.
Links to other web sites
Please note that the web site may contain links to other web sites, either provided directly by us or by users on the forum. Such web sites may not be controlled by us, hence we cannot provide any form of guarantee of privacy on behalf of these sites. Please exercise caution when following links and review the relevant privacy statements.
Protect your passwords
Finally, please pick strong passwords for protecting your data and establish a password policy in your enterprise. We cannot claim responsibility for data that is lost due to weak passwords.